Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feeling crafty

A couple of years ago, I took up knitting for the first time and have been knitting ever since. I haven't yet progressed beyond scarves for Little Planet and myself.

I find knitting a wonderfully meditative activity, to do when I can no longer read or write, for example when Little Planet is playing but still needs me around to chat with her.

But now I have the urge to do something more. Little Planet is reaching an age when she doesn't need me to play with her all the time and yet she still needs me in her presence. Sewing and knitting are perfect activities for moments such as these so I have made a list of craft activities I want to complete over the next 12 months:

- Finish the scarf I'm knitting for myself
- Knit a hot pink cushion for Little Planet's new bed
- Sew a quilt for her bed
- Sew some linen placemats and napkins for our kitchen table
- Make a wooden bead necklace for myself

I've never sewn before so I'm really looking forward to this.

What craft projects are you engaged in?

1 comment:

Hypatia said...

I'm making aprons out of some souvenir tea towels - too nicely designed and too big to consign to wiping damp plates, super-easy to adapt! I've also just finished a window blind, I had great fun designing how it would hang, how it would move. Required bamboo rods, unbleached cotton, a T-square and it's still crooked but I'm very proud of it. Enjoy your crafts, these are wonderful skills to have!